Drey from Bijou Kaleidoscope, a fellow Aussie design blogger tagged us today to tell 7 things about ourselves. So as Kim is fast asleep I’ll jump in first and do 3. Kim you don’t mind doing 4 do you?
1. That’s Mickey. Kelvin (my husband) and I share our 2 bedroom apartment with him. I love him to death not just because he is such a good looking beast but because he is also my husband’s guide dog. Kelvin lost his sight at 18 due to an accident.
2. Enough about my husband! This is supposed to be about me. I used to be a medical student but I saw the light and became an interior designer.
3. I was in Berlin (on a surgical elective) when the wall came down and I can remember when man walked on the moon. Now that last one really ages me!
And as my gift to the blogosphere I decline to tag 7 (or 3)others. (Does anyone else delete those chain emails? My trash is full of them!) But this was fun as long as it is only 3 things. Your turn Kim.
Gee thanks Jo. Ok here goes:
1. When I started university, my folks moved to Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. Luckily, my twin sister and I got to stay behind. Spent 3 summers and 1 spring break there though. Was quite an experience…loved the almost 24 hours of daylight.
2. I was born in the wrong country – maybe even the wrong continent. This is because I hate winter with every ounce of my being. I’ve lived here in Ottawa all my life and although the winters have gotten better over the years, I find it harder and harder to live through them.
3. I would die without pasta, or carbs in general. I blame being half-Italian for that.
4. The 3 years I spent in college taking computer science were the worst 3 years of my life. It was hell and I cringe everytime I think about it. It was WAY too much work. I did more work in one semester there than I did in the whole 3 years I spent getting a bachelor degree in Psychology.
Not divorcing the husband so not fighting over the dog! And not revealing my exact age but I’m not in my early 30s that’s for sure! ZZ you are a little tease aren’t you.
Don’t tell anyone, but I’ve got to rush off to work and I’ll try and add my FOUR when I get there. 🙂
Hello puppie!! Love your blog girls.
Looks like you should go and live with MCJ kim. I hear it’s nice and warm in Australia.
carolynne, believe me, I’ve thought about it. Even if just for a visit. But I don’t have a trillion dollars for a plane ticket…yet.
Jo ~ A beautiful (and lucky!) pooch. He has made a very nice long shadow.
Kim ~ Hang in there. Just as you enjoyed near 24HR sunlight in the NWT, I’m quite certain Ottawa will soon be summer year-round.
Gondolas in the canal for Christmas. Romantic.
Gotta love Ottawa – today was about 40 degrees celsius (a bit over 100) and as humid as you can imagine. But I am NOT complaining. I prefer plus 40 to minus 40 anyday. And I’d love to see gondolas rather than skaters on the canal in winter.:)
Nice pooch! So who gets the dog if there’s a custody battle? I was alive for the moon landing (just!). Hah! How you goin’ grandma?!