Mickey in the meadow… or rather they haven’t mowed the grass in the park yet!
WINKS – weekend links. Here we list what has come in during the week, things we’ve found and things we think you’ll want to see. If you’d like to see your blog or website featured email us and if we think it fits with our readers we’ll link you. So what’s in this week?
- The ladies from White Elephant now have a bonified bricks and mortar store. It’s located in Hamilton, Ontario, and they’ve been opened since October 10th. They’ve only let us into the secret now because they wanted to finish up their new website first at White Elephant Vintage (what else). The store combines our vintage goods with jewelery, accessories, paper goods and gifts from local artists and etsy sellers. They also serve locally roasted, organic and fair trade coffee and teas. Go Jane and Hollie! Loved your etsy store but now I want to visit the real thing. If you’re in the Ontario area check it out. If you’re not there’s still the online store.
- Cute cute cute! Cindy emailed to introduce her work at Hamburgerpanda. Cindy is San Francisco-based illustrator whose prints feature animals in unusual, sometimes surreal tableaux, such as three bears encased in ice pops, a tiny pony in a jar, or her line of Seabots which imagine sea creatures as robots. You’ll find them here.
- Want to win some seriously cool goodies for Christmas? Then take a look at the Holiday Giveaway at Dwell. It’s live on the site from Dec. 3rd through Dec. 23rd. You will need to re-enter each day to be qualified to win the product that day – so we strongly suggest bookmarking the page as the prizes are fab!
- Merida, designer and manufacturer of stylish and sustainable natural fiber flooring has a new product they are very excited about. Turkana is an elegant new woven sisal design with fluid lines and organic textures. While you’re at the site don’t miss their gallery – seriously beautiful flooring.
- Prismera Design have these gorgeous stainless steel pine cone ornaments for Christmas. Hang it on your tree now and use it as a bookmark later! These also make fabulous holiday tags, as you can use a permanent marker to jot down your season’s greetings. Check out the rest of the website too. Seriously good looking jewellery!
- Stole this image because this tree is just so über stylish. It’s this year’s incarnation at Maison21. I so want to hate the man for having such a fabulous house, great taste, a wicked sense of humour and an eBay store full of gorgeous glam bits but I can’t.
- Couldn’t finish WINKS without reminding you that the sixth edition of the Design for Mankind magazine, The Consumption Issue is live! Erin you’re a genius! Each one gets better than the last.