… summer is here. Phew it’s hot!
WINKS – weekend links. Here we list what has come in during the week, things we’ve found and things we think you’ll want to see. If you’d like to see your blog or website featured email us and if we think it fits with our readers we’ll link you. So what’s in this week?
- A touch of the exotic, a sizzling statement piece, Bollywood for your trans global palace. My head is spinning with ideas for the perfect place for one of these Indian metallic furniture pieces. Go all the way with an OTT room or just one jewel to catch your eye. Indian furniture from Modani.
- Modern design with a timeless material. Belgian architect Gaëtan Van de Wyer has designed this range of water hyacinth, rattan and bamboo furniture for Onyx. Love the Double Arm Chair with its sinuous lines. Renewable materials and great design…. winner!
- Loving these indigo cloth pillows from Fabricadabra. I see canvas and linen slipcovered chairs and divans, the natural indigo dyes of these fabrics from Ghana, West Africa, lots of aged and bleached wood with global chic collections – think tribal masks and coral and amber beads. If indigo is not your thing then there are ikats galore and stunning suzanis. Fabricadabra is by Donna Halloran and all available online.
- Texture and pattern, graphic shapes and colors printed on natural grounds, casual cotton canvas to luxurious woven 100% linen. Studio Bon by Bonnee Sharp is new collection of sophisticated hand-printed fabrics from Schumacher.
- Have you met Miss Jones? I’m going to have to make her acquaintance soon. Look at these beautifully quirky white bone china and pottery pieces. Love love love.