A renovated 1870’s home in San Francisco

Posted on Wed, 30 Oct 2019 by KiM

When vintage meets bohemian meets traditional in a cabin-like, autumn setting. This 3800 sq ft home in Marin County (San Francisco Bay area) was renovated and expanded by G.P. Schafer Architect, who retained the original 1870’s cabin elements. It is so inviting and full of charm. I could not love this more. Interior design by Rita Konig.

Y says:

I usually like more modest and functional designs (without being cold), so i often think the American houses on this site have something that is just a little to much or are a bit to over the top. But this house is gorgeous. I love all of it’s many details. It’s so happy and full of life.

april says:

i love this home so much. the lights, darks, and fabrics. the vintage is bright and not so….old. it is wonderfully thought out but without feeling designed. I would feel very at home there. love love love

I’m in love, but I’m not going to lie, those blinds give me a little anxiety

Suzanne Melton says:

Love the house!!!

…and the vintage Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew books!

Samara says:

Beautiful home🌟 A little note, Marin County is not in San Francisco🙏🏼 Marin County, home to beautiful towns like Sausalito, Mill Valley, Larkspur, Muir Beach, etc, is over the Golden Gate Bridge from San Francisco.

Cheers🌞

KiM says:

Ah thanks. I’m Canadian so when someone says SF Bay area I assume that means San Fran. 🙂

Dana says:

YES to every inch of this house!

Jenny says:

One of my favorite houses! Worth noting is that the fabulous Rita Konig was the interior designer on this project…someone mentions above that American houses often seem sterile and this one does not — she is British. 🙂

KiM says:

Oh I love her! (Post updated)

prebet says:

Magnifique ! I would like to live there; I love evrything !

Ghana says:

This is house is so beautiful that I was moved to make my first comment!
It gave me so many ideas. Love the use of color, love the outdoor spaces, such lucky people who live there!
Thanks for posting!