WINKS – weekend links. Here we list what has come in during the week, things we’ve found and things we think you’ll want to see. If you’d like to see your blog or website featured email us and if we think it fits with our readers we’ll link you. So what’s in this week?
- Andrea Heimer has a new range of original works and prints available. We love her earlier work and it’s no different with these. I’m really into typography at the moment and these are fab!
- My Design Secrets is the key to the secret list of recommended vendors from Interior Designer Lorrie Browne, who’s been pouring her heart and soul into her client’s projects for 14 years. Explore helpful how-to articles on interior design, get expert tips and tricks, and see what vendors have made Lorrie’s “Favorites” list. It’s everything you need to discover the brilliant designer within yourself! Thanks Tim for the email. There’s so much to explore!
- Adelle & Justin from H is for Home are so excited that their online store is finally live! So are Kim and I who have been salivating over their wares for some time now after meeting them on Flickr. Don’t miss their blog H is for Home Harbinger. It’s full of great info on all things retro and collectible. If you’re a West German aficionado then check out their Flickr group West German Pottery Collections.
- Theresa from Otsutree has been in a few blogs lately but I really want to give another shout out to her great work. I’m particularly loving these prints. If you haven’t been to her website yet then go now. There are some seriously cool T-shirts I’d love to get my hands on.
- Alesha Glennon owns Sydney Aboriginal art gallery Artery. She travels to the Northern Territory every second month to source the exquisite works that hang in her gallery. “My background is design – I am an interior designer and spent about 6 years working for Freedom Furniture as a furniture designer – anyway now I have an Aboriginal Art Gallery,” she emailed me. And what a gallery. If Aboriginal art makes your hear sing like it does mine you must visit her website. (My apologies on the lateness of this wink. I lost a number of emails and it was only by back tracking through my page history that I found Alesha and her amazing gallery again. I’m so glad I did!)
- New blog alert and it’s Aussie! Shell emailed “I’m just a mum at home with nothing better to do with her spare time and creative flair…” The blog is Bubba and Chicken. You’ll have to click over to find out why. Love her profile. “The mouse in my mind is running flat out to keep up with both my kiddilinks and my creative desires. Thought that I would start a blog to document the funny goings on that is my life and the things that I love to create… Hope you enjoy…” I’m sure we will Shell.
- In case you didn’t know Abbey from Abbey Goes Design Scouting has a cute etsy store Abigail Vintage selling all sorts of bijoux vintage goodies. I can’t get enough of brass at the moment and Abbey has some lovely miniatures. (Paint-by-numbers too!)
- Anne Kristoff has just launched her Etsy store Poof with a trio of photos taken in Chinatown NYC during Chinese New Year. Up next week: a trio of painterly landscapes taken from a moving train just in time for spring. (Interestingly Anne is the same Anne Kristoff that reps Missy Elliott and other musicians as well as being a travel writer. Another woman using her talent to the max!)
- Stay tuned for next weekend’s Holiday Reading List. I’m working on it now and it’s a bumper packed list! I love a long weekend and as you can see from the first photo I have been checking out the chocolate rabbits ahead of the Easter weekend!