Flickr finds – pot racks

Posted on Sun, 17 Jan 2010 by KiM

Utter bliss! I’m so in the market for a pot rack right now. Course, you how it goes with pot racks, your $10 frying pan from the corner shop isn’t entirely on board with being on display in all its burnt bottom and scratchy surface glory. You might say to yourself "What this fabulous pot rack needs is some crushingly expensive French copper pots". But then of course, you’ll keep getting out your old pan to cook with and your French copper pots become very expensive kitchen ornaments, and your pot rack is no longer a cool space saving device, but a hanging mobile.

….I still want one though.

KiM says:

Rebecca – LOL!!! SO TRUE!
Thx Ivan!

Ottawa alternagrrrl says:

Oh my God! Rebecca that is exactly what I was thinking! I too am in the market for a potrack but have been confounded by the exact same dilemma: do I only put pretty specially-purchased things up by my stove thereby defeating the whole purpose of having a potrack by my stove?

Again and again I strive to avoid the pitfall of Diderot and his beautiful red dressing gown. Still not there. Sigh.

PS. Kim, great potracks.

dmstudio says:

Thanks for including my pot rack and kitchen in photo #1! I was very surprised to see it here.

Paulita says:

wow..mind meld – my husband just said to me yesterday that he thought we needed to get a pot rack. Thanks for the inspiration

I always think the best racks are above kitchen islands— what else would you ever put up there?!?! ­čÖé I like your post!

Vesta Monroe

nice round up! i love our hanging pots, it just makes things so much easier!

dmstudio says:

First I spotted my kitchen and pot rack here, then later it turned up here: http://babeczkaa.blox.pl/2010/01/podwieszone.html#ListaKomentarzy

After translating the page, pot racks don’t seem too popular in Poland.

Elizabeth says:

Hey! Thank you for posting my pot rack – photo #2, it is against the wall over the workbench. And to answer the question about hanging only "the pretty pots…" The pots you see hanging, I use EVERY DAY. Hang, hang, hang, the pots you use. When you can afford it, buy one really good pot at a time. That is what I did. When you finally get the good stuff, you find you don’t need many at all. I needed a rack out of necessity – I have no storage in my tiny kitchen. But thanks for sharing.

Elizabeth

eggnostriva says:

I think a cooks kitchen needs a good rack, but if you are afraid to show the pot, should you really be cooking with it. All our favourites have battle scars and franklythere seems to be a few pots there that havnt seen a stove.