I’m drowning in Christmas must-does and must-goes. I’m drowning in unpacking and house zhushing. I’m drowning in real life work and day to day drudgery. I’m cranky and rude and rushed and tired. I’m just overwhelmed and my standards and expectations are way too high. Why does this time of year do this to me? I don’t need to be perfect. I don’t need to go everywhere, see everyone, clean behind the fridge before the family comes round. I need to step back, take a deep breath and evaluate what is important. Like life itself. This year the Australian Red Cross Blood Service has launched a new campaign… the perfect gift for Christmas. Give something that will really make a difference this Christmas by donating blood and giving the gift of life.
The hard facts here in Australia:
• Every donation can save three lives.
• Every donation is valuable because 1 in 3 Australians will need blood, yet only 1 in 30 donates.
• The need for blood is constant and all blood components have a limited shelf life, which is why donations are needed every day. Blood and blood treatments are delivered to hospitals around Australia 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – even on Christmas Day.
• Australia needs over 26,000 blood donations every week to save lives and to meet the need of patients.
• Donations made in December could help patients recover to be home for Christmas or the New Year.
If you live in the Land of Aus maybe you can help ARCBS save lives this Christmas. Go here for more information.